Ask LibreSSL for support here.  LibreSSL it **not** OpenSSL.

Pauli

On 4/3/22 3:55 pm, Edward Tsang via openssl-users wrote:
the openssl I'm using is in mac
openssl version -a
LibreSSL 2.8.3

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 8:05 PM Edward Tsang <ets...@splunk.com> wrote:

    Ok here is what I tried but still complaining about unknown
    options -verify_hostname
    openssl s_client -connect google.com <http://google.com> -CAfile
    etc/auth/cacert.pem -verify_hostname google.com
    <http://google.com> -verify_return_error
    unknown option -verify_hostname
    usage: s_client args

        [ External sender. Exercise caution. ]

        -verify_hostname example.com <http://example.com>

        > All I get is "unknown option -verify_hostname
        > usage: s_client args"
        >
        > Have tried combinations of that and check out of doc...
        really not helping.

        You need to specify a server to connect to via the "-connect"
        option.  It
        takes a hostname or IP address as a required argument, with an
        optional
        ":port" suffix.

                -connect www.example.com:443 <http://www.example.com:443>
                -connect 192.0.2.1:443 <http://192.0.2.1:443>
                -connect [::1]:443

        You may also want "-brief" and "-verify_return_error".

--         Viktor.