Hi OpenSSL users,

We are planning to use ECDH Algorithm(Group 19) in an Embedded System Product
for the shared secret key generation.
When I go through the code, I understand that it requires  engine
libraries/files from the following folders:

\openssl-3_1_3\crypto\engine\
\openssl-3_1_3\engines\
\openssl-3_1_3\apps\lib\

When I am trying to generate shared secret key using following API's:
EC_GROUP_new_by_curve_name(NID_X9_62_prime256v1);
EC_KEY_new();
EC_KEY_set_group();
EC_KEY_generate_key();

These API's uses/Access assembly code(directly or indirectly) by following
conditional compilation macros:
OPENSSL_NO_ENGINE
OPENSSL_NO_AUTOLOAD_CONFIG
OPENSSL_NO_RDRAND
OPENSSL_NO_PADLOCKENG
OPENSSL_NO_AFALGENG
OPENSSL_NO_STATIC_ENGINE

I have few questions in my mind:

  1.  Is it recommended to use ECDH Algorithm (Group 19) for an embedded
product ? does ECDH (Group 19) requires any hardware support?
  2.  If ECDH Algorithm (Group 19) recommended, How will be the performance?
  3.  If ECDH Algorithm (Group 19) not recommended, What would be the simple &
secure DH or ECDH algorithm for shared secret key generation?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Damodhar.
+91-7702191212