On 09/07/13 11:11, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Hey

The mission statement is what we've been using for a while. The
"official title" is new.

   Official Title: OpenStack Common Libraries
   PTL: Mark McLoughlin <mar...@redhat.com>
   Mission Statement:
     To produce a set of python libraries containing infrastructure code
     shared by OpenStack projects. The APIs provided by these libraries
     should be high quality, stable, consistent and generally applicable.

I did consider explicitly mentioning technical debt with something like:

   Mission Statement:
     To tackle copy-and-paste technical debt in OpenStack by producing a
     set of python libraries containing infrastructure code shared by
     OpenStack projects. The APIs provided by these libraries should be
     high quality, stable, consistent and generally applicable.

But for wholly new code, that sounds like you need to introduce
copy-and-paste technical debt before it can be considered in scope for
Oslo :)

Cheers,
Mark.

Is it worth adding some emphasis on documentation in there somewhere? Specifically documentation for using the libraries and frameworks offered by Oslo in OpenStack. Maybe:

  Mission Statement:
    To produce a set of python libraries containing infrastructure code
    shared by OpenStack projects. The APIs provided by these libraries
    should be high quality, stable, consistent, well documented and generally
applicable.

Cheers
Martyn