On 07/26/2013 01:59 PM, Jonathan Proulx wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypi...@gmail.com
<mailto:jaypi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 07/25/2013 08:24 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:

        You mean process/forking API right?

        Honestly I'd sort of think the whole limits.py that is this
        rate-limiting could also be turned off by default (or a log warn
        message
        occurs) when multi-process nova-api is used since the control
        for that
        paste module actually returns the currently enforced limits (and how
        much remaining) and on repeated calls to different processes those
        values will actually be different . This adds to the confusion
        that this
        rate-limiting in-memory/process solution creates which does also
        seem bad.

https://github.com/openstack/__nova/blob/master/nova/api/__openstack/compute/limits.py

<https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/limits.py>

        Maybe we should not have that code in nova in the future, idk

Agreed

    +10. Like using SSL in the Python daemons, it doesn't belong in a
    production Nova deployment. This kind of thing is more appropriate
    to handle in some external terminator, IMO

Strongly disagree about SSL.  Anything that talks on the network should
be able to do so securely.  It is valid to want to abstract that away
for someone else to deal with but if that is the case it should be done
explicitly, like writing WSGI apps and requiring a server to do network
communications.

? I think you're missing my point... I was saying that having the Python daemons themselves terminate the SSL is a bad idea for scaling and performance reasons, not that using SSL is a bad practice. :)

The SSL configurations options for Nova/Glance/Cinder/Neutron should only be used in development/testing.

-jay