On 23/09/13 15:21 -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
The policy code seems very tightly associated with the keystone work. There's
no reason for Oslo to be the only program releasing reusable libraries. We
should consider having the Keystone team manage the policy library in a repo
they own. I'd love to have the Keystone middleware work the same way, instead
of being in the client repo, but one step at a time.

Of course, if the policy code is nearing the point where it is ready to
graduate from the incubator, then maybe that suggestion is moot and we should
just continue to push ahead on the path we're on now. We could have people
submitting policy code to oslo-incubator add "keystone-core" to reviews (adding
a group automatically adds its members), so they don't have to subscribe to
oslo notifications.

How close is the policy code to being ready to graduate?

After the last huge re-factor, I think the policy code is mature
enough to live in its own repo. There are some other features I think
it should support - like other persistence backends - but I guess that
can be addressed when it's in a separate repo.

As a graduation requirement, I'd like to see other projects being
migrated to the latest code - cinder, glance, nova - as a proof that
no further changes to the API are needed. Once we get to that point,
we can pull it out of oslo-incubator and replace imports in projects
depending on it.

I can take care of that as soon as Ith development starts, unless
there's another volunteer :D.

Cheers,
FF

--