I'd like to announce my candidacy for the TC.

I have been actively involved with OpenStack for about a year and before that I
was in observer mode since Diablo timeframe. I have contributions to different
OpenStack projects including Oslo, Swift, Nova client, Hacking, Pbr, Jeepyb and
etc., you can find more info here [1]. I’m the PTL of Savanna [2] project that
was accepted for incubation several weeks ago [3].

My main focus in OpenStack is to enrich the portfolio of services it provides
with platform-level functionality, making it easier to use for application
developers and encouraging faster and larger adoption of OpenStack platform. In
addition to OpenStack I have contributed to other open source projects
including Twitter Storm [4] and Kotlin [5].

I see OpenStack not just an IaaS, but a great community, huge ecosystem of
extremely fast growing projects integrated with each other to provide one
consistent cloud platform. And here I see an opportunity to enhance ecosystem
further by creating integration framework with other open source initiatives
and their communities. Integration with Apache Hadoop community through Savanna
project is an example. The key area to make this integration successful is
“Clustering API” and I’m planning to heavily invest in figuring out right
design approach and implementation details of “Clustering API” in OpenStack
during Icehouse release.

As a TC member I would like to bring additional expertise in the area of Big
Data and help to build a great and innovative platform. Additionally, I would
like to formalize some common requirements for incubation/integration to make
these processes clear and transparent for new projects and define objective
criteria for incubation and graduation from it. So, the goal of my TC
membership is to continue to work on OpenStack to help it grow further and to
make it as friendly and clear for newcomer projects and contributors as
possible.

[1] http://www.stackalytics.com/?release=all&user_id=slukjanov
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Savanna
[3] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2013/tc.2013-09-24-20.01.html