>From the user perspective, splitting off the projects seems to be focussing on
>the ease of commit compared to the final user experience. An 'extras' project
>without *strong* testing co-ordination with packagers such as SUSE and RedHat
>would end up with the consumers of the product facing the integration problems
>rather than resolving where they should be, within the OpenStack project
>itself.

I am sympathetic to the 'extra' drivers problem such as Hyper-V and powervm,
but I do not feel the right solution is to split.

As CERN uses the Hyper-V driver (we have a dual KVM/Hyper-V approach), we want
that this configuration is certified before it reaches us.

Assuming there is a summit session on how to address this, I can arrange a user
representation in that session.

Tim