On 10/23/2013 11:35 AM, Dolph Mathews wrote:

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmo...@enovance.com <mailto:chmo...@enovance.com>> wrote:

    Hello,

    If i understand correctly (and I may be wrong) we are moving away
    from user_crud to use /credentials for updating password including
    ec2. The credentials facility was implemented in this blueprint :

    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/extract-credentials-id

    and documented here :

http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/POST_updateUserCredential_v2.0_users__userId__OS-KSADM_credentials__credential-type__.html

    I may be low on my grep-fu today but I can't seem to find anything
    implementing something like :

    POST /v2.0/users/{userId}/OSKSADM/credentials/password

The v3 version of this call is in progress: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/v3-user-update-own-password

    but only implemented for OS-EC2

    So my question is, user_crud seems to be way to update password
    currently (by /OS-KSADM/password path) is it something that would
    need to be added in the future to /credentials/password ?

That's sort of being tackled here, with slightly different terminology:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/access-key-authentication

Regular "passwords" are currently backed to the identity driver, but there's no reason why they couldn't be managed via /v3/credentials.
+1  :  I think this is the right approach.

    Cheers,

    Chmouel.

-Dolph