Hi,

I'm new to the Openstack community. I have what is probably a naïve question.

Suppose source code for a project is in Git repository A, while the Jenkins
test suite for it is in Git repository B.

First question: Does this happen in Openstack? (For example, are there nova
tests in the tempest repository that get executed in Jenkins when nova is
changed?)

Given my assumption above, suppose I'm a contributor and I want to change some
source in repository A. However, my source change affects the test results of a
test in repository B. So I want to change that as well.

My understanding is that I'd clone both repositories, and commit changes to
each independently, and each would go to Gerrit as a separate change.

Second question: How does one handle the chicken-and-egg problem? If the source
change to A goes through Jenkins first, the automated tests would fail. But if
the test change to B goes through Jenkins first, it would also fail because the
old code in A has the old behavior.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dave