On 2013-11-11 13:28, Tim Bell wrote:
As a speaker of the Queen's English, I find flavor to be incorrect.
Does that mean I can -1 any patch that does not use flavour ?

At CERN, we are working with 130 countries in a single community. The
value of the contribution of non-english speakers far exceeds the
occasional misunderstandings.

Giving grammar/spellings -1 excludes major sections of the community
from contribution.

As our aim is meritocracy (in python, computer architecture and design
rather than spelling), I'd propose

- If someone identifies a need for clarification/correction as part of
a review, they also submit the replacement text rather than just -1.
- The submitter incorporates that change into a patch

Agreed. Whenever possible, a grammar/spelling -1 should include proposed alternatives (I say whenever possible because I've -1'd a few changes where the docstrings were incomprehensible to me, so I couldn't provide a better alternative as I wasn't sure what they were trying to say :-).

-Ben