On 14/11/13 10:19 -0600, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
http://docs.heatautoscale.apiary.io/

I've thrown together a rough sketch of the proposed API for autoscaling.
It's written in API-Blueprint format (which is a simple subset of Markdown)
and provides schemas for inputs and outputs using JSON-Schema. The source
document is currently at
https://github.com/radix/heat/raw/as-api-spike/autoscaling.apibp

Things we still need to figure out:

- how to scope projects/domains. put them in the URL? get them from the
token?
- how webhooks are done (though this shouldn't affect the API too much;
they're basically just opaque)

Please read and comment :)

Hi Chistopher

In the group create object you have 'resources'.
Can you explain what you expect in there? I thought we talked at
summit about have a unit of scaling as a nested stack.

The thinking here was:
- this makes the new config stuff easier to scale (config get applied
  per scaling stack)
- you can potentially place notification resources in the scaling
  stack (think marconi message resource - on-create it sends a
  message)
- no need for a launchconfig
- you can place a LoadbalancerMember resource in the scaling stack
  that triggers the loadbalancer to add/remove it from the lb.

I guess what I am saying is I'd expect an api to a nested stack.

-Angus

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong