Excerpts from Erik Bergenholtz's message of 2013-11-15 08:20:36 -0800:
> Team -
>
> We’d like to move our disk creation mechanism over to using DiskBuilder so
> that users can build (and modify) their own VM images. We’d like to piggy
> back off of the existing mechanism that the vanilla plugin uses. It looks
> like I should be able to add image-elements to
> savanna-image-elements/elements directory for the HDP specific setup. Any
> concerns with this approach? From an organizational standpoint, it would make
> sense to separate elements from various plugins by creating a directory
> hierarchy under the elements directory; i.e. a directory for each plugin to
> keep them separated.

I don't know how exactly Savanna calls diskimage-builder, but it
would indeed make sense for there to be directories for each set of
concerns. One just needs to add each directory that should be searched
to ELEMENTS_PATH (colon separated).  This also makes it possible to
override an element by putting a directory earlier in ELEMENTS_PATH,
as the first found element for each name wins.