On 25/11/13 18:29, Lyle, David wrote:
> We have been having this discussion here on the mailing list [1][2] and also
> in the Horizon team meetings [3].
>
> The overall consensus has been that we are going to move forward with a
> JavaScript requirement.

[...]

> [1]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/018629.html
> [2]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/019894.html
> [3] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/horizon/

Please forgive me rising this subject then. The links you provided talk
about using AngularJS and node.js, and I think that's independent from
whether we will require JavaScript in the user's browser or not. In
fact, I'm following closely the AngularJS discussion and the way it is
going to be introduced specifically allows non-JavaScript fallbacks. I
also couldn't find anything about requiring JavaScript in Horizon's
documentation, so I was under the impression that this topic is still open.

I'm very happy to hear that there is a consensus and that we have a
clear policy about it. Could we maybe put that policy in writing
somewhere in the Horizon documentation, so that other people won't make
a fool of them like I just did?

--
Radomir Dopieralski