On 13/02/17 08:19 -0500, Emilien Macchi wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Flavio Percoco <fla...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hello,

I've been playing with a self-installing container for the containerized
TripleO
undercloud and I thought I'd share some of the progress we've made so far.

This is definitely not at its final, ideal, state but I wanted to provide a
sneak peek to what is coming and what the updates/content of the
TripleO+Containers sessions will be next week at the PTG.

The image[0] shows the output of[1] after running the containerized
composable
undercloud deployment using a self-installing container[2]. Again, this is
not
stable and it still needs work. You can see in the screenshot that one of
the
neutron's agent failed and from the repo[3] that I'm using the scripts we've
been using for development instead of using oooq or something like that. One
interesting thing is that running[2] will leave you with an almost entirely
clean host. It still writes some stuff in `/var/lib` and `/etc/puppet` but
that
can be improved for sure.

Anyway, after all the disclaimers, I hope you'll be able to appreciate the
progress we've made. Dan Prince has been able to deploy an overcloud on top
of
the containerized undercloud already, which is great news.

Excellent work folks and thanks for the update!

Next step: experimental CI job? :-)

Yes, as soon as the required client patches land (reviews in progress) we'll
start working on this.

Flavio

--
@flaper87