On 11/27/2013 01:28 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
I propose adding an additional field to the parameter definition:

     Parameters:
         <parameter name>:
ssh to the compute instance.
             help: To learn more about nova key pairs click on this <a
href="/some/url/">help article</a>.

+1. A help string per parameter is a fantastic idea. Sounds like a nice
analog to doc-strings.

Agreed. The above is a nice, straightforward addition.

<snip>

+1 for grouping. Your use case is perfectly specified above. Love it.

However, your format feels very forced. Integers for ordering? We have
lists for that.

How about this:

parameters:
   db:
     type: group
     parameters:
       - db_name
       - db_username
       - db_password
   web_node:
     type: group
     parameters:
       - web_node_name
       - keypair
   db_name:
     type: string

This way we are just providing the groupings outside of the parameters
themselves. Using a list means the order is as it appears here.

Actually, even simpler than that...

parameters:
  db:
   - db_name:
     help: blah
   - db_username:
     help: blah

After all, can't we assume that if the parameter value is a list, then it is a group of parameters?

Best,
-jay