On 9/26/2016 9:21 PM, Zhenyu Zheng wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, actually approach one is not we are looking for,
our demands is to attach the real physical volume from compute node to VMs,
by this way we can achieve the performance we need for usecases such as
big data, this can be done by cinder using BlockDeviceDriver, it is quite
different from the approach one you mentioned. The only problem now is
that we cannot practially ensure the compute resource located on the same
host with the volume, as Matt mentioned above, currently we have to
arrange 1:1 AZ in Cinder and Nova to do this and it is not practical in
commercial
deployments.

Thanks.

Kevin,

Is the issue because you can't use ephemeral local disks (it must be a persistent boot from volume)?

Have you looked at using the LVM image backend for local storage in Nova? I thought cfriesen said once that windriver is doing high performance config using local LVM in nova.

Matt Riedemann