On 3/3/2017 9:52 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

## Nested Resource Providers

There was some discussion at a flipboard about the concept of
resource providers with multiple parents. We eventually decided
"let's not do that".

We need to document *why* we aren't going to do that in the nested resource providers spec. I'm on board with it, supporting graphs would not be fun, but we should make sure it's clearly documented why when people ask about this use case and I know they will.

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/418393/
  A spec for improving the level of detail and structure in placement
  error responses so that it is easier to distinguish between
  different types of, for example, 409 responses.

We were just talking about the need for this in IRC yesterday so I'm glad to see someone was already working on it.

Thanks for the detailed update Chris.

Matt Riedemann