On 3/27/17 5:01 PM, Lauren Sell wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
>> On Mar 24, 2017, at 3:50 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriede...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> 2. The "API Version History" section in the bottom right says:
>>
>> "Version v2.1 (Ocata) - LATEST RELEASE"
>>
>> And links to https://releases.openstack.org/
>> <https://releases.openstack.org/>. The latest compute microversion in Ocata
>> was actually 2.42:
>>
>> https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_microversion_history.html
>> <https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_microversion_history.html>
>>
>> I'm wondering how we can better sort that out. I guess "API Version History"
>> in the navigator is meant more for major versions and wasn't intended to
>> handle microversions? That seems like something that should be dealt with at
>> some point as more and more projects are moving to using micro versions.
>
> Agreed, we could use some guidance here. From what we can tell, each team
> logs these a little bit differently, so there’s no easy way for us to pull
> them. Could we output the correct link as a tag for each project, or does
> anyone have a recommendation?

I don't have a helpful recommendation here, but the version history for
Glance is incorrect as well.  We maintain a version history in the
glance api-ref [0], but that's probably not much help (and, as you point
out, is idiosyncratic to Glance anyway).  At this point, though, my
primary concern is that it's showing a deprecated API version as the
latest release.  What format would it be useful for you to get this data in?

thanks,
brian

[0]
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/image/versions/index.html#version-history