Hey all,

As per our discussion in today's TC meeting, I have made a document format for reporting versions to the project navigator. I stuck it in the releases repo:

  https://review.openstack.org/453361

Because there was already per-release information there, and the governance repo did not have that structure.

I've included pseudo-code and a human explanation of how to get from a service's version discovery document to the data in this document, but also how it can be maintained- which is likely to be easier by hand than by automation - but who knows, maybe we decide we want to make a devstack job for each service that runs on tag events that submits a patch to the releases repo. That sounds like WAY more work than once a cycle someone adding a few lines of json to a repo - but *shrug*.

Basing it on the version discovery docs show a few things:

* "As a user, I want to consume an OpenStack Service's Discovery Document" is a thing people might want to do and want to do consistently across services.

* We're not that far off from being able to do that today.

* Still, like we are in many places, we're randomly different in a few minor ways that do not actually matter but make life harder for our users.

Thoughts and feedback more than welcome!
Monty