On Apr 12, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Kendall Nelson <kennelso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> -What is one trait you have that makes it difficult to work in groups like
> the TC and how do you counteract it?

My natural tendency is to speak bluntly, which can often come across as
dismissive of other points of view. As I've gotten older I've learned a few
tricks to soften my words, but it's a constant effort.

> - What do you see as the biggest roadblock in the upcoming releases for the
> TC?

The pull of corporate interests, both to steer development in directions that
will benefit their business, and also by pulling developers off of OpenStack
work. Neither of these is new, but they certainly seem to be increasing lately
with no sign of letting up.

> And one lighthearted question:
>
> -What is your favorite thing about OpenStack?

I'm sure everyone will write pretty much the same thing here: the community,
getting to interact with so many talented and interesting people. Because it
certainly is! So I'll throw in my *second* favorite thing: being a part of
creating something that can change the world of computing. It's already played
a role in the discovery of the Higgs boson, and I'm sure that someday it will
enable technologies that haven't yet been dreamed up. Being able to look back
someday and say "I helped to build that" will be pretty satisfying.

-- Ed Leafe