On 04/19/2017 03:11 AM, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about how to deal with bunch of patches which depends
one on another.
I did patch to neutron (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/449831/) which
is not merged yet but I wanted to start also another patch which is
depend on this one (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/457816/).
Currently I was trying to do something like:
1. git review -d <first patch id>
2. git checkout -b new_branch_for_second_patch
3. Make second patch, commit all changes
4. git review <— this will ask me if I really want to push two patches
to gerrit so I answered „yes”

Everything is easy for me as long as I’m not doing more changes in first
patch. How I should work with it if I let’s say want to change something
in first patch and later I want to make another change to second patch?
IIRC when I tried to do something like that and I made „git review” to
push changes in second patch, first one was also updated (and I lost
changes made for this one in another branch).
How I should work with something like that? Is there any guide about
that (I couldn’t find such)?

I did a few how-to videos on working with patch series in Gerrit. The first one is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyvP7zp4Ko There are some follow-up ones that discuss other things you can do with a patch series too. The full playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR97FKPZ-mD9XJCfwDE5c-td9lZGIPfS5

—
Best regards
Slawek Kaplonski
sla...@kaplonski.pl <mailto:sla...@kaplonski.pl>