On 29 April 2017 at 01:46, Mike Dorman <mdor...@godaddy.com> wrote:
> I don’t disagree with you that the client side choose-a-server-at-random is
> not a great load balancer.  (But isn’t this roughly the same thing that
> oslo-messaging does when we give it a list of RMQ servers?)  For us it’s more
> about the failure handling if one is down than it is about actually equally
> distributing the load.

Maybe not great, but still better than making operators deploy (often
complex) full-featured external LBs when they really just want
*enough* redundancy. In many cases this seems to just create pets in
the control plane. I think it'd be useful if all OpenStack APIs and
their clients actively handled this poor-man's HA without having to
resort to haproxy etc, or e.g., assuming operators own the DNS.

--
Cheers,
~Blairo