On 05/05/2017 05:16 AM, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:

I may be wrong, but I have a strong perception that even when major
upgrades run smooth and flawless, operators tend to operate legacy
enterprise software for long, long, long. It would be an utopia to
expect any changes here, IMO.

One reason for this is that the end-users of telco or enterprise companies have high expectations for robustness and reliability. Telecom-level validation takes a *long* time. It could easily be six months to a year before new software actually makes it out to end-users. Because this effort is expensive, they want to amortize it over a longer period.

Even when an upgrade is smooth and easy, it's still new code, with new unknown
bugs.

Chris