On 6/8/2017 3:36 AM, Narendra Pal Singh wrote:
Does Ocata bits support adding custom resource monitor say network bandwidth?

I don't believe so in the upstream code. There is only a CPU bandwidth monitor in-tree today, but only supported by the libvirt driver and untested anywhere in our integration testing.

Nova Scheduler should consider new metric data for cost calculation each filtered host.

There was an attempt in Liberty, Mitaka and Newton to add a new memory bandwidth monitor:

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/newton/approved/memory-bw.html

But we eventually said no to that, and stated why here:

https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/policies.html#metrics-gathering

Matt