On 17.8.2017 00:47, Emilien Macchi wrote:
Here's an update on the situation.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com> wrote:
Problem #1: Upgrade jobs timeout from Newton to Ocata
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1702955
[...]

- revert distgit patch in RDO: https://review.rdoproject.org/r/8575
- push https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494334/ as a temporary solution
- we need https://review.openstack.org/#/c/489874/ landed ASAP.
- once https://review.openstack.org/#/c/489874/ is landed, we need to
revert https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494334 ASAP.

We still need some help to find out why upgrade jobs timeout so much
in stable/ocata.

Problem #2: from Ocata to Pike (containerized) missing container upload step
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1710938
Wes has a patch (thanks!) that is currently in the gate:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/493972
[...]

The patch worked and helped! We've got a successful job running today:
http://logs.openstack.org/00/461000/32/check/gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades-nv/2f13627/console.html#_2017-08-16_01_31_32_009061

We're now pushing to the next step: testing the upgrade with pingtest.
See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494268/ and the Depends-On: on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461000/.

If pingtest proves to work, it would be a good news and prove that we
have a basic workflow in place on which we can iterate.

The next iterations afterward would be to work on the 4 scenarios that
are also going to be upgrades from Ocata to pike (001 to 004).
For that, we'll need Problem #1 and #2 resolved before we want to make
any progress here, to not hit the same issues that before.

Problem #3: from Ocata to Pike: all container images are
uploaded/specified, even for services not deployed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1710992
The CI jobs are timeouting during the upgrade process because
downloading + uploading _all_ containers in local cache takes more
than 20 minutes.
So this is where we are now, upgrade jobs timeout on that. Steve Baker
is currently looking at it but we'll probably offer some help.

Steve is still working on it: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448328/
Steve, if you need any help (reviewing or coding) - please let us
know, as we consider this thing important to have and probably good to
have in Pike.

Independent, but related issue is that the job doesn't make use of CI-local registry mirrors. I seem to recall we already had mirror usage implemented at some point, but we must have lost it somehow. Fix is here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494525/

Jirka