On 8/25/2017 7:54 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

There's a stack that documents (with visual aids!) the flow of
scheduler and placement. It is pretty much ready:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/475810/

I see I am late to the party here, but I've left comments in the now-merged patch.

There are some issues with this, mainly around the fact this is talking about scheduling, as I expect it to work today when I came into reading this, but it's talking in detail about the alternatives stuff which was not implemented in Pike, so I think that should be removed, or amended with a big fat note that it's not available yet and anything to do with alternatives is future work.

Matt