On 09:37 Oct 03, Lance Bragstad wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> According to our burndown chart [0], just over half the projects have
> started implementing the goal [1]. I've been proposing patches for some
> of the projects in the not-started column. Most patches I've been
> working on would benefit from a review from someone more experienced
> with the project. Some projects have policies aren't documented in their
> respective API reference, so providing useful descriptions is going to
> have to come from project developers. Other patches are tripping over
> fake policies that are inconsistent with the packaged policy file. Those
> could require additional testing logic to ensure the tests are actually
> testing the defaults and not just empty policies ("").
>
> As always, if you have questions about how to get started, please feel
> free to come find me. If I've proposed an implementation for a your
> project [2], don't hesitate to pick it up and run with it. This will
> free me up to continue helping other projects that have yet to get started.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lance
>
> [0] https://www.lbragstad.com/policy-burndown/
> [1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/policy-in-code.html
> [2]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:policy-and-docs-in-code+status:open

Happy to see openstack-dev/sandbox has come onboard with this effort. I will
definitely start pitching in on the Cinder reviews and promoting in whatever
ways I can with the Dev Digest and resources I have.

Lance, thank you for setting a great example of someone championing
a community-wide goal.

--
Mike Perez