On 09/12/13 19:45 -0800, Alex Gaynor wrote:
Would it make sense to use the `enum34` package, which is a backport of teh
enum package from py3k?

+1

This is what we were using in Marconi.

Alex

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:

   While Python 3 has enumerated types, Python 2 does not, and the standard
   package to provide id, Flufl.enum, is not yet part of our code base.  Is
   there any strong objection to including Flufl.enum?

   http://pythonhosted.org/flufl.enum/

   It makes for some very elegant code, especially for enumerated integer
   types.

   For an example See ScopeType in

   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55908/4/keystone/contrib/revoke/core.py

   Line 62.

   the getter/setter in RevokeEvent do not need to do any conditional logic if
   passed either an integer or a ScopeType.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say
it." -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (summarizing Voltaire)
GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084

@flaper87
Flavio Percoco