Dougal,

I forgot to mention that explicitly but, yes, #1 is needed only not to break
the sequence of migrations. We can manually fix the migration number in #2 just
for stable/pike but I somewhat don’t like the idea of having different
migration numbers in different branches.

It’s a good news that we’re not going to break TripleO.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia