On 6.11.2017 10:52, Marios Andreou wrote:
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Marius Cornea <mari...@redhat.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 2:27 AM, Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com> wrote:
Since we've got promotion, we can now properly test upgrades from ocata
to pike.
It's now failing for various reasons, as you can see on:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500625/

I haven't filled bug yet but this is the kind of thing I see now:
http://logs.openstack.org/25/500625/20/check/legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-
scenario002-multinode-oooq-container-upgrades/62e7f14/
logs/undercloud/home/zuul/overcloud_upgrade_console.log.
txt.gz#_2017-11-04_00_14_17

I think this is related to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/510577/
which introduced running os-net-config during the major upgrade
composable step. In case of environments without network isolation
/etc/os-net-config/config.json doesn't exist so the os-net-config
command fails. I filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1730328
to keep track of it.

heh, beat me to it :) I was about to file that. Indeed from logs @ [0] you
can see the step3 ansible-playbook failing for
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/e463ca15fb2189fde7e7e2de136cfb2303d3171f/puppet/services/tripleo-packages.yaml#L56-L64

I had a poke at one of the other jobs too since there are apparently
multiple issues - I found a different one
for legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades and filed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1730349 for that. It looks like all
the upgrade_tasks pass there but then fails on docker-puppet

I'm not sure if it's related to that ^ error in particular, but since we landed deploy/upgrade scenario separation [1], the upgrade job on Pike effectively started testing non-pacemaker to pacemaker upgrade, which won't work. Due to a chicken-and-egg issue with landing related patches we could not set the dependencies properly. There's a patch fixing this issue and making the Pike upgrade pacemaker-to-pacemaker [2]. This may not solve all the issues, but i think we need it merged to at least have a chance at a green result.

[0]
http://logs.openstack.org/25/500625/20/check/legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario002-multinode-oooq-container-upgrades/62e7f14/logs/subnode-2/var/log/messages.txt.gz#_Nov__4_00_13_55
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500552
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/512305

thanks,

marios

I'm requesting some help from the upgrades squad, if they already saw
the failures, etc. It would be great to have the jobs passing at some
point, now the framework is in place and we had promotion.

Emilien Macchi