On 10/31/2017 12:11 AM, richard.pi...@dell.com wrote:
From: Dmitry Tantsur [mailto:dtant...@redhat.com]

Cons:
1. more work for both the requirements team and the vendor teams

Please elaborate on the additional work you envision for the vendor teams.

Any requirements updates with have to be submitted to the requirements repo. It may take longer (may not).

2. inability to use ironic release notes to explain driver requirements changes

Where could that information move to?

I think it's a generic question, to be honest. We don't inform operators of requirements changes via release notes. I don't have an easy answer.

We either will have one list:

[extras]
drivers =
    sushy>=a.b
    python-dracclient>=x.y
    python-prolianutils>=v.w

or (and I like this more) we'll have a list per hardware type:

[extras]
redfish =
    sushy>=a.b
idrac =
    python-dracclient>=x.y
ilo =

WDYT?

Overall, a big +1. I prefer the second approach.

A couple of questions ...

1. If two (2) hardware types have the same requirement, would they both
enter it in their lists?

Yes

2. And would that be correctly handled?

Tony checked it (see his response to this thread) - yes.