On 11/28/2017 2:15 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
On 11/03/2017 11:31 AM, Gordon, Kent S wrote:
Do any of the python client libraries implement the nova diagnostics API?

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova_VM_Diagnostics

Not to my knowledge, no. However, adding support for it should be easy enough to accomplish and would be a welcome addition.

This is the API you're talking about?

https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/#servers-diagnostics-servers-diagnostics

If you feel like hacking on it, a patch to openstack/python-openstacksdk would be the best way to go.

However, this is microversion-protected, and this would be the first such feature in the SDK. So if diving that far down the rabbithole sounds like too much, either bug me until I get around to it - or do as much of it as makes sense (like adding a Resource class based on openstack.resource2) but ignore the microversion bit and I can help finish it off.

Monty

Well, novaclient does:

https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient/blob/f7c991703517b6fd6a42f732fc602badb0caebb8/novaclient/v2/servers.py#L1260

Matt