On 12/15/2017 9:15 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
Not only that. Everyone is lagging a few release behind, and currently,
upstream OpenStack don't care backporting to older releases.

Can you clarify this please? The nova team is definitely backporting fixes to pike, ocata and newton. Newton isn't EOL yet *because* nova has held it up backporting fixes that we think are important enough to get in there before we EOL the branch.

If you're talking about LTS, that's a different story, but please don't say upstream OpenStack doesn't care about backporting fixes. That might be a per-project statement, but in general it's untrue.

Matt