Hi everyone,

Today, we opened the Call for Presentations
<https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/> for
the Vancouver Summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/>, which
will take place May 21-24. The deadline to submit your proposal is February 8th.

What’s New?
We’re focused on open infrastructure integration. The Summit has evolved over
the years to cover more than just OpenStack, but we’re making an even bigger
effort to attract speakers across the open infrastructure ecosystem. In
addition to OpenStack-related sessions, we’ll be featuring the newest project
at the Foundation -- Kata Containers -- as well as recruiting many others from
projects like Ansible, Ceph, Kubernetes, ONAP and many more.

We’ve also organized Tracks around specific problem domains. We encourage you
to submit proposals covering OpenStack and the “open infrastructure” tools
you’re using, as well as the integration work needed to address these problem
domains. We also encourage you to invite peers from other open source
communities to come speak and collaborate.

The Tracks are:

CI/CD
Container Infrastructure
Edge Computing
HPC / GPU / AI
Open Source Community
Private & Hybrid Cloud
Public Cloud
Telecom & NFV

Where previously we had Track Chairs, we now have Programming Committees
<https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/selection-process>
 for each Track, made up of both Members and a Chair (or co-chairs). We’re also
recruiting members and chairs from many different open source communities
working in open infrastructure, in addition to the many familiar faces in the
OpenStack community who will lead the effort. If you’re interested in
nominating yourself or someone else to be a member of the Summit Programming
Committee for a specific Track, please fill out the nomination form
<https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/openstackvancouver2018_programmingcommitteenom>.
 Nominations will close on January 26, 2018.

Again, the deadline to submit proposals
<https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/> is
February 8, 2018. Please note topic submissions for the OpenStack Forum
(planning/working sessions with OpenStack devs and operators) will open at a
later date.

We can’t wait to see you in Vancouver! We’re working hard to make it the best
Summit yet, and look forward to bringing together different open infrastructure
communities to solve these hard problems together!

Want to provide feedback on this process? Please focus discussion on the
openstack-community mailing list, or contact me or the OpenStack Foundation
Summit Team directly at sum...@openstack.org.

Thank you,
Lauren