On Jan 16, 2018, at 7:21 PM, Zhenyu Zheng <zhengzhenyul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, so it seems we are not going to implement aggregate
> overcommit ratio in placement at least in the near future?

I would go so far as to say that we are not going to implement aggregate
overcommit ratio in placement at all. Placement has the concept of a Resource
Provider as its base unit, and aggregates really don't fit in this model at all.

If you need that sort of grouping, perhaps a tool that would assign a single
ratio to all the members of an aggregate would be a good way to convert to the
new paradigm.

-- Ed Leafe