Hey everybody,

I noticed today while preparing patches to projects that are using openstacksdk that masakari is not listed in service-types-authority. [0]

I pushed up a patch to fix that [1] as well as to add api-ref, docs and releasenotes jobs to the masakari repo so that each of those will be published appropriately.

As part of doing this, it came up that 'ha' is a pretty broad service-type and that perhaps it should be 'compute-ha' or 'instance-ha'.

The service-type is a unique key for identifying a service in the catalog, so the same service-type cannot be shared amongst openstack services. It is also used for api-ref publication (to https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/{service-type} ) - and in openstacksdk as the name used for the service attribute on the Connection object. (So the service-type 'ha' would result in having conn.ha on an openstack.connection.Connection)

We do support specifying historical aliases. Since masakari has been using ha up until now, we'll need to list is in the aliases at the very least.

Do we want to change it? What should we change it to?

Thanks!
Monty

[0] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/service-types-authority
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/534875/