On 03/16/2018 09:29 AM, Kwan, Louie wrote:
In the stable/queens branch, since openstacksdk0.11.3 and os-service-types1.1.0
are described in openstack's upper-constraints.txt,

https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/queens/upper-constraints.txt#L411
https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/queens/upper-constraints.txt#L297

If I do

git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack -b stable/queens

And then stack.sh

We will see it is using openstacksdk-0.12.0 and os_service_types-1.2.0

Having said that, we need the older version, how to configure devstack to use
openstacksdk===0.11.3 and os-service-types===1.1.0

Would you mind sharing why you need the older versions?

os-service-types is explicitly designed such that the latest version should always be correct.

If there is something in 1.2.0 that has broken you in some way that you need an older version, that's a problem and we should look in to it.

The story is intended to be similar for sdk moving forward ... but we're still pre-1.0, so that makes sense at the moment. I'm still interested in what specific issue you had, just to make sure we're aware of issues people are having.

Thanks!
Monty