On 03/22/2018 05:14 AM, zijian1...@163.com wrote:
Hello, everyone
The openstack version I deployed was Newton,  now I am ready to use openstacksdk for development, *, *I noticed that the latest *openstacksdk *version is 0.12 <https://github.com/openstack/python-openstacksdk/tree /0.12.0>,this makes me a bit confused, How do I know if this sdk(0.12) is compatible with my openstack(Newton)?

openstacksdk should work with all existing versions of OpenStack. If you ever find a scenario when latest openstacksdk does not work with the cloud you are using, it is a bug and we will fix it as quickly as possible.

We'll hopefully be releasing a 1.0 of openstacksdk soon, however 0.12 should be safe for you to use.

I also noticed that the python-xxxclient version and openstack version are strictly corresponding, such as "python-novaclient/tree/newton-eol", "python-neutronclient/tree/newton-eol". So, should I use python-xxxclient instead of openstacksdk?

Please do not use python-xxxclient for any new work. Doing so will cause you nothing but pain.

Let us know if you have any issues with openstacksdk ... #openstack-sdks in IRC is a great place to find people.

Monty