On 5/15/18 2:30 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2018-05-15 14:07:56 +0200 (+0200), Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
[...]
How pipelines may help solve it?
Pipelines only alleviate, not solve the problem of waiting. We only want to
build pipelines for the main zuul check process, omitting gating and RDO CI
(for now).

Where are two cases to consider:
- A patch succeeds all checks
- A patch fails a check with dependencies

The latter cases benefit us the most, when pipelines are designed like it is
proposed here. So that any jobs expected to fail, when a dependency fails,
will be omitted from execution.
[...]

Your choice of terminology is making it hard to follow this
proposal. You seem to mean something other than
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/user/config.html#pipeline when you use
the term "pipeline" (which gets confusing very quickly for anyone
familiar with Zuul configuration concepts).

Indeed, sorry for that confusion. I mean pipelines as jobs executed in batches, ordered via defined dependencies, like gitlab pipelines [0]. And those batches can also be thought of steps, or whatever we call that.

[0] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/pipelines.html

Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,
Irc #bogdando