On 06/06/2018 09:10 AM, Artom Lifshitz wrote:
I think regardless of how we ended up with this situation, we're still
in a position where we have a public-facing API that could lead to
data-corruption when used in a specific way. That should never be the
case. I would think re-using the already possible 400 response code to
update-volume when used with a multi-attach volume to indicate that it
can't be done, without a new microversion, would be the cleaned way of
getting out of this pickle.

That's fine, yes.

I just think it's worth noting that it's a pickle that we put ourselves in due to an ill-conceived feature and Compute API call. And that we should, you know, try to stop doing that. :)

-jay