On 06/26/2018 08:41 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
Meanwhile, to continue [last week's theme](/tc-report-18-25.html),
the TC's role as listener, mediator, and influencer lacks
definition.

Zane wrote up a blog post explaining the various ways in which the
OpenStack Foundation is [expanding](https://www.zerobanana.com/archive/2018/06/14#osf-expansion).

One has to wonder with 4 "focus areas" for the OpenStack Foundation [1] whether there is any actual expectation that there will be any focus at all any more.

Are CI/CD and secure containers important? [2] Yes, absolutely.

Is (one of) the problem(s) with our community that we have too small of a scope/footprint? No. Not in the slightest.

IMHO, what we need is focus. And having 4 different focus areas doesn't help focus things.

I keep waiting for people to say "no, that isn't part of our scope". But all I see is people saying "yes, we will expand our scope to these new sets of things (otherwise *gasp* the Linux Foundation will gobble up all the hype)".

Just my two cents and sorry for being opinionated,
-jay

[1] https://www.openstack.org/foundation/strategic-focus-areas/

[2] I don't include "edge" in my list of things that are important considering nobody even knows what "edge" is yet. I fail to see how people can possibly "focus" on something that isn't defined.