On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 06:07:24PM +0800, Rambo wrote:
> Hi,all
>

>      In the Cinder repository, I noticed that the BlockDeviceDriver driver is
> being deprecated, and was eventually be removed with the Queens release.
>

> https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/stable/ocata/cinder/volume/drivers/block_device.py
>

>      However,I want to use it out of tree,but I don't know how to use it out
> of tree,Can you share me a doc? Thank you very much!

I don't think we have any community documentation on how to use out of tree
drivers, but it's fairly straightforward.

You can just drop in that block_device.py file in the cinder/volumes/drivers
directory and configure its use in cinder.conf using the same volume_driver
setting as before.

I'm not sure if anything has been changed since Ocata that would require
updates to the driver, but I would expect most base functionality should still
work. But just a word of warning that there may be some updates to the driver
needed if you find issues with it.

Sean