Heya,

I'd like to request a FFE to release 0.17.1 of openstacksdk from stable/rocky. The current rocky release, 0.17.0, added a feature (being able to pass data directly to an object upload rather that requiring a file or file-like object) - but it is broken if you pass an interator because it (senselessly) tries to run len() on the data parameter.

The new feature is not used anywhere in OpenStack yet. The first consumer (and requestor of the feature) is Infra, who are looking at using it as part of our efforts to start uploading build log files to swift.

We should not need a g-r bump - since nothing in OpenStack uses the feature yet, none of the OpenStack projects need their depends changed. OTOH, openstacksdk is a thing we expect end-users to use, and once they see the shiny new feature they might use it - and then be sad that it's half broken.

Thanks!
Monty