I've reported a nova bug for this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1785425

But I'm not sure what is the best way to fix it now with the zuul v3 hotness. We had an irrelevant-files entry in project-config for the tempest-full job but we don't have that for tempest-full-py3, so should we just rename that in project-config (guessing not)? Or should we do something in nova's .zuul.yaml like this (guessing yes):

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578878/

The former is easy and branchless but I'm guessing the latter is what we should do long-term (and would require backports to stable branches).

Matt