On 2018-09-05 05:20, Matthew Thode wrote:
With the move to per-project requirements (aka divergent requirements)
we started allowing projects to have differing exclusions and minimums.
As long as projects still tested against upper-constraints we were good.

Part of the reason why we use upper-constraints is to ensure that
project A and project B are co-installable.  This is especially useful
to distro packagers who can then target upper-constraints for any
package updates they need.  Another reason is that we (the requirements
team) reviews new global-requirements for code quality, licencing and
the like, all of which are useful to Openstack as a whole.

If a projects dependencies are compatible with the global list, and the
global list is compatible with the upper-constraints, then the
projects' dependencies are compatible with the upper-constraints.

All the above lets us all work together and use any lib listed in
global-requirements (at the upper-constraints version).  This is all
ensured by having the check-requirements job enabled for your project.
It helps ensure co-installability, code quality, python version
compatibility, etc.  So please make sure that if you are running
everything in your own zuul config (not project-config) that you have
the check-requirements job as well.

And also set up and run the lower-constraints jobs - you can use the new template openstack-lower-constraints-jobs for this,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)