On 9/7/2018 8:54 AM, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
One is related to the cyborg project where the team is working to build the open heterogenous resource mgmt platform. I would like to extend this mission over to kubernetes, which currently lack of such component and could benefit hugely from our work here in OpenStack. There are also other communities like OPNFV where the edge cloud project, the C-RAN project and Rocket project will be integrating and testing cyborg, as well as ONNX where AI models will meet the resource models we defined in Cyborg for NPUs and GPUs and FPGAs and whatever hardware should be chosen.

I'd like to actually see some progress made on cyborg/nova integration before we get our hopes up about cyborg/something completely outside of openstack integration, but that's my biased view on it from being a nova person. See [1] for context from a discussion yesterday. I don't really know how the TC drives this more than the cyborg team themselves, but OK.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2018/nova.2018-09-06-14.00.log.html#l-120

Matt