On 26/09/18 09:45 -0500, Ben Nemec wrote:

On 9/26/18 8:20 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2018-09-26 00:50:16 -0600 (-0600), Chris Friesen wrote:
At the PTG, it was suggested that each project should tag their bugs with
"<project>-bug" to avoid tags being "leaked" across projects, or something
like that.

Could someone elaborate on why this was recommended?  It seems to me that
it'd be better for all projects to just use the "bug" tag for consistency.

If you want to get all bugs in a specific project it would be pretty easy to
search for stories with a tag of "bug" and a project of "X".

Because stories are a cross-project concept and tags are applied to
the story, it's possible for a story with tasks for both
openstack/nova and openstack/cinder projects to represent a bug for
one and a new feature for the other. If they're tagged nova-bug and
cinder-feature then that would allow them to match the queries those
teams have defined for their worklists, boards, et cetera. It's of
course possible to just hand-wave that these intersections are rare
enough to ignore and go ahead and use generic story tags, but the
recommendation is there to allow teams to avoid disagreements in
such cases.

Would it be possible to automate that tagging on import? Essentially tag every lp bug that is not wishlist with $PROJECT-bug and wishlists with $PROJECT-feature. Otherwise someone has to go through and re-categorize everything in Storyboard.

I don't know if everyone would want that, but if this is the recommended practice I would want it for Oslo.

I would think this is a common want at least for the projects in the central box in the project map [1]

-- Tom Barron (tbarron)

[1] https://www.openstack.org/openstack-map