On 09/10/18 23:58, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2018-10-09 08:52:52 -0400 (-0400), Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
[...]
It seems to me that a major goal of openstacksdk is to hide differences
between clouds from the user. If the user is meant to use a GraphQL library
themselves, we lose this and the user needs to figure it out themselves.
Did I understand that correctly?
This is especially useful where the SDK implements business logic
for common operations like "if the user requested A and the cloud
supports features B+C+D then use those to fulfil the request,
otherwise fall back to using features E+F".

The features offered to the user don't have to change, it's just a different architecture.

The user doesn't have to deal with a GraphQL library, only the client applications (consuming OpenStack APIs). And there are also UI tools such as GraphiQL which allow to interact directly with GraphQL servers.