On 10/18/2018 1:35 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:

Hello all,
     As per [1] the nomination period for names for the T release have
now closed (actually 3 days ago sorry).  The nominated names and any
qualifying remarks can be seen at2].

Proposed Names
  * Tarryall
  * Teakettle
  * Teller
  * Telluride
  * Thomas
  * Thornton
  * Tiger
  * Tincup
  * Timnath
  * Timber
  * Tiny Town
  * Torreys
  * Trail
  * Trinidad
  * Treasure
  * Troublesome
  * Trussville
  * Turret
  * Tyrone

Proposed Names that do not meet the criteria
  * Train

However I'd like to suggest we skip the CIVS poll and select 'Train' as
the release name by TC resolution[3].  My think for this is

  * It's fun and celebrates a humorous moment in our community
  * As a developer I've heard the T release called Train for quite
    sometime, and was used often at the PTG[4].
  * As the *next* PTG is also in Colorado we can still choose a
    geographic based name for U[5]
  * If train causes a problem for trademark reasons then we can always
    run the poll
+2 +W  Great names proposed above but based on other discussions with people I think the community would be happy with the Train name.  Plus if people ask about it, it gives us an opportunity to share a story that gives insight into the community we are.  :-) Thanks for proposing that path Tony!

Jay
I'll leave[3] for marked -W for a week for discussion to happen before the
TC can consider / vote on it.

Yours Tony.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/134995.html