Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see where we stand on IDE extensions in .gitignore files.
We seem to have some back and forth, one cycle there's a bug and a
patch to add things like eclipse, idea etc and the next there's a bug
and a patch to remove them.  I'd like to have some sort of consensus
on what we want here.  I personally don't have a preference, I would
just like to have consistency and quit thrashing back and forth.

Anyway, I'd like to see all of the projects agree on this... or even
consider moving to a global .gitignore.  Thoughts??

John